IEEE ComSoc Young Researcher Award for EMEA
Call for Nomination for the IEEE ComSoc Young Researcher Award for the Europe, Middle East, & Africa Region
The “IEEE Communications Society Young Researcher Award for the Europe, Middle East, and Africa Region” is sponsored by the IEEE Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Region. This award honors researchers who have been very active in the IEEE through ComSoc publication and conference activities over the last three years.
- The upper age limit is
- Applicants must be an IEEE member, and resident in the EMEA
- The “IEEE ComSoc Young Researcher Award for the EMEA Region” will be awarded to the best
- The recipient of “IEEE ComSoc Young Researcher Award for the EMEA Region” will receive a certificate and honorarium of US$500.
- The two runner-up outstanding young researchers will each receive a certificate and honorarium of US$250.
An EMEA Selection Committee will determine the award recipient(s) from among the eligible applicants. The Committee will then determine two additional outstanding young researchers from the remaining applicants.
Each nominator or applicant must submit an Application to the Chair of the IEEE ComSoc EMEA Young Researcher Award Committee before the deadline.
Applications should include the following:
- A list of publication and conference activities over the last three years, particularly in IEEE Periodicals. In case of multiple author publication, please explain the role of the
- Description of main topics/thesis of the applicant over the last three (A4 one page)
- The cover page should contain the applicant’s name, affiliation, address, IEEE Membership Number, telephone, fax number and e-mail
Important Dates for 2020
- 1 June 2020: Announcement of the Award and Opening for Submissions
- 15 July 2020: Closing date for Submissions
- 1 November 2020: Announcement of Awardees
Each application must be sent by e-mail to the following address:
Chair: EMEA Young Researcher Award Committee IEEE Communications Society