The Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) Region Board of the IEEE Communications Society is organizing a diverse panel of industry professionals (telecom operators, manufacturers, app developers etc..) to provide valuable feedback on student research. Students will present their work to panellists by means of tele-conference, where panellists will judge student work based on industry interest, real problems, existing standards (e.g. 3GPP, ETSI ZSM, ETSI ENI etc..), etc. This opportunity will provide students with “real feedback” from prominent industry members and enable them to adapt their work to the current and future needs of the market.
- Any PhD and Master candidates with research topics in any of the IEEE ComSoc areas
- Applicants should be residents of and carry out their research work in the EMEA region
- Each applicant can only submit ONE application to the EMEA Board before the deadline.
- The EMEA Board will select the student participants from the eligible proposal applications.
- Students who are selected to participate will be given a free IEEE student membership and a free ComSoc membership for 2021 based on ranking, and limited to the budget allocated.
Mode of panel discussions
- Students briefly present their current work (5-7min max)
- Panellists provide feedback and guide the students on their work
- Applicant’s short biography (max 1 A4 page)
- A brief proposal (max 1 A4 page) of their current research work/topic focusing on the problem statement, methodology, and anticipated outcome.
- The cover page should contain the applicant’s name, affiliation, address, telephone, and e-mail
Important dates for 2020
- 20th of November 2020: Closing date for Submissions
- 25th of November 2020: Announcement of Selected students
- 1st -20th of December 2020 Panels organization