IEEE ComSoc Young Researcher Award for EMEA Region
IEEE ComSoc Young Researcher Award
Europe, Middle East, & Africa Region
The “IEEE ComSoc Young Researcher Award for the Europe, Middle East, and Africa Region” is sponsored by the IEEE Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Region. This award honors researchers who have been very active in the IEEE through ComSoc publication and conference activities over the last three years.
- The upper age limit is 35.
- Applicants must be an IEEE member, and resident in the EMEA Region.
- The “IEEE ComSoc Young Researcher Award for the EMEA Region” will be awarded to the best candidate.
- The recipient of “IEEE ComSoc Young Researcher Award for the EMEA Region” will receive a plaque and honorarium of US$500.
- The two runner-up Outstanding Young Researchers will each receive a plaque and honorarium of US$250.
An EMEA Selection Committee, will determine the award recipient(s) from among the eligible applicants. The Committee will then determine two additional outstanding young researchers from the remaining applicants.
Each applicant must submit an Application to the Chair of the IEEE ComSoc EMEA Young Researcher Awards Committee before the deadline.
Applications should include the following:
- Applicant’s biography
- A list of publication and conference activities over the last three years, particularly in IEEE Periodicals. In case of multiple author publication, please explain the role of the nominee.
- Description of main topics/thesis of the applicant over the last three years. (A4 one page)
- The cover page should contain the applicant’s name, affiliation, address, IEEE Membership Number, telephone, fax number and e-mail address.
Important dates for 2015:
- 30 November 2015: Closing date for submissions
- 01 February 2016: Announcement of awardees
Each application must be sent by e-mail to:
Emilio Calvanese Strinati
Chair – Young Researcher Award Program